Friday, May 18, 2012

I Get It !!!!

I think I finally understand !!!!
Authority + Fear = Respect!!!!
If there is no respect & there is no fear in your authority then you have .....
Nothing !
Raising children does not come with a "How To" pamphlet !!! So most of the time us as parents try to do our best, we have the best intentions and hope we are doing the right thing.. But, most often we as parents are going to make mistakes, mess up a situation, or just throw our hands up and give up! Not every child is the same either, what may work on one child will not necessarily work on the next.
Parents/Adults are human, we don't know everything and honestly don't know how to handle every situation we are faced with.
So with that in mind the next time you want to criticize how someone reacts, handles or decides an outcome of a situation remember that what works for 1 does not always work for the other.
I do believe that fear & respect play a huge roll in disciplining. If your child does not have a small since of fear from you, you will then not get any respect from that child.
Think about it... Who do you fear? Now ask yourself if you respect that person??? I'm about 99% sure your answer is yes!
This is just a little something I needed to get off my chest, I as a parent am still a work in progress and admit I have and will most likely make more mistakes in parenting, but I can tell you this I will not make the same mistake twice!
Patience, Peace & Happy Parenting!

No comments: